Friday, February 11, 2011

Feeling Blue? .. why not update your wardrobe with a slip of cerulean silk

Here in Switzerland the sun has been shining and the sky has been bright blue all week so I've put off indulging in the New York fashion week shows as I'm not quite ready to get my head around the buttery leathers and thick lambswool that the rest of fashion world will be appreciating.

Instead I've decided to think forward to days spent on the lake feeling the warm sand and the cool water, picnics in the park with crisp salads and juicy strawberries and balmy summer nights where cardigans are shrugged off and women wander the streets in simple sun dresses and slips of silk, like brightly coloured tropical fishes, darting in and out of shops and streets. It makes me excited to just think about it :-)

So in homage to the beautiful blue sky I'm going to look at some of my favourite blue S/S11 outfits, the ones that make me want to fly away to the nearest tropical island and languish in dresses the same colour as the ocean :) i think I'm having a bit of a floaty moment because all three dresses are floaty, ethereal and there's not a body-con skirt in sight!

If you could jet off to anywhere right now where would it be? and does anybody else have a favourite holiday dress? i'll be posting mine as soon as I'm lucky enough to go on holiday :)

Chloe x

Pucci S/S11 Credit: www.fashionbite.co.uk

 What i love about this dress is that it still has the essence of Pucci in the print but it's deeply sexy from the cut outs, to the slightly sheer skirt but because of the classic colours and flowing shape it's just the right side of sexy.
Jason Wu S/S11 Credit: www.afashionaddictsconfession.blogspot.comphotograph by Stan Honda


 This is quite a dream like dress, again embracing the sheer sexy element in the upper portion but balanced by the modern yet prim high neck detail. The fabric used for the billowing skirt is what makes this dress really special and totally covetable for me.
Matthew Williamson S/S11 Credit: http://www.dazeddigital.com

This dress looks like a lot of fun to wear. It has a slightly kinky bondage element to the straps but ultimately has an almost mermaid like quality. Turquoise for me is the very essence of summer holidays; I can't help but feel  happy in it and the delicate ruching on the bust and intricate but subtle detail over the rest of the dress makes this a perfect holiday show stopper

No comments:

Post a Comment