Thursday, February 24, 2011

Triumph and Felder and Felder - Lingerie Show LFW and shapewear review

On Monday I found out I was lucky enough to have won a competition to attend the Triumph London Fashion Week show at The Show Space.

The Show was to promote 125 years of Triumph and their new shapewear range. Felder and Felder had customised the collection (to match the Felder and Felder mainline) with goat hair - a lot sexier than it sounds!- and leather straps amongst other things.

The collection was grown up and very sexy with a vintage feel; it was my favourite underwear collection I've seen for a while ( and it's well known that I have a slight addiction to matching sets so that's saying something!)

On the ever so slight down side the models, however beautiful, defnitely didn't need reshaping - in some instances the spandex bagged slightly. This definitely isn't true for the non models of the world - In the gift bags alongside a Style magazine ( my personal favourite supplement) we each recieved a sample shapewear product.
They came in small (allegedly a size 10ish) so I received the top (smooth sensation) and inherited the bodydress (Retro Sensation) from my mum's goody bag.
Yesterday I tried them - in the name of research-and FYI there was definitely no bagging with the spandex on my body!
 They did do a nice job of smoothing  out my lumps and bumps but on the top it also flattened out my bust.. nearly completely. Maybe the medium doesn't do this but my advice would be to get the skirt or vintage style undies or wear the dress as an under-bust piece unless you're in the market for a bust-minimiser in which case you need to grab one of these babies!

Massive bonus was that the models were actually allowed to smile at this show - and looked a million times better for it; like they genuinely enjoyed the job and wearing the underwear :)


The show however was fabulous and, to top it off we ( myself and Nadine from Spot the sugarettes) managed to have a photo with the very lovely Felder twins - my personal highlight of fashion week!

Now its less hectic I'll hopefully have more time to look at the shows properly and pick my favourite looks for A/W'11.

My camera wasn't the most obliging on the night so rather than put you through bad pictures I'll borrow some good ones instead!

So what was your highlight of Fashion Week?

Chloe x

Here's my favourite (despite dodgy faces all round)...



Me and Nadine with the Felder twins


Credit: Gareth Cattermole/Getty Images

Credit: Gareth Cattermole/Getty Images 

go to The Belfast Telegraph for more catwalk pictures of the night

No comments:

Post a Comment