Monday, February 14, 2011

The 'V' word..

I love valentine's day.

There, I've said it. I know I'm supposed to hate it, to lament the corporate Hallmark scam, there to try and make us standardise our romantic gestures and conform to the yearly ritual.
I know I should say this.. but I can't.

I'm a romantic at heart and it's the atmosphere I love most of all. watching men anxiously clutching bouquets this morning when I dropped my mum off at the airport, seeing the painstaking effort primary school children put into making their heart-shaped cards, covered in glitter, seeing beautiful flowers absolutely everywhere as a romantic spring reminder and having an excuse to dress up in my most unashamedly girly dresses be it a rose print 50's full skirted number or the one I'm wearing today (this caramel coloured dress if anyone was wondering! )

Credit: Alex Styles Photography

Credit: Alex Styles Photography

It's also exactly one month until my birthday today so even if I'm single Valentines Day, it has always signalled the coming of spring and the moment I sprung into the world.. so I like to think it means the coming of good things!
either way being able to show you love someone, be it a partner, best friend, sibling, parent or whoever in an unashamedly kitsch and girly way is never going to be a bad thing in my book so today I'm spreading the love!

how are you spending the day?

for all of you on facebook ASOS and Reiss have some great V Day give-aways going on all in the name of love whilst Stylist has a perfect selection of evening events for single ladies in London.

I personally will be spending my day visiting a tropical garden, then cooking a lovely meal for myself  and the Boyfriend :)

Whatever you're doing today have a fabulous time doing it!

Love Chloe x

No comments:

Post a Comment